Category Archives: Exam
By now, you probably know that doing well on an exam involves more than just knowing how to answer questions. Plenty of things you do on the day before and the morning of the test could affect your ability to think, solve and answer. Take advantage of this checklist to make sure you can set yourself up for success on …
You’ve hit the books every night for many weeks. You’ve become confident in your skills. You have reviewed all the requirements and you can easily prove your work toward them. But how do you know that you’re ready for the exam? If you can answer yes to the items on this checklist, you may be good to take the next …
When the days are short, the nights are long and the weather is inconsistent, it can be more difficult to make progress with your education. If you want to make 2018 the year you become a licensed contractor, you can use these tips to increase your studying success, no matter what the temperature is like outside. Keep a Comfortable Temperature …
Starting a career path that begins with a thorough education is both exciting and a little daunting. If you have been out of the school scene for many years, or if you are new to the idea of online education, you may need a little help to ease the transition. With these tips, you can make studying easier and more …
Although lots of different types of people decide to become California State licensed contractors, one thing that many of them have in common is that they never enjoyed sitting through long classes in high school or college. That’s understandable – the construction industry tends to attract people who would rather be doing things than reading about them. In fact, most of them are more than happy to leave their classroom days behind when they graduate.
Given that, it isn’t surprising that many dread the process of studying for, and eventually taking, their licensed contractor’s exam. Fortunately, it doesn’t have to be nearly as bad as you might think. Here are five of our best tips for getting more out of your study time and boosting your chances of passing your test:
1. Study in increments, not all at once. Although lots of people like to “cram” for exams (or at least are in the habit of trying to do it), it’s not an efficient way to learn. Your brain is designed to learn through continuous repetition, not all-night studying.
2. Take away as many distractions as possible. Studying with the television or radio on in the background, for example, might be more relaxing, but it’s also less efficient. Try to keep things calm and quiet while you look over your study material.
3. Move at your own pace. Don’t worry about skipping ahead or moving quickly through your material. Instead, make sure you know the basics thoroughly before moving on to other sections.
4. Consider using a study group. Sometimes, having others around can make it easier to reflect on ideas and make studying less boring. Just be sure to choose study partners who are helping you learn, not just giving you someone to talk to.
5. Be sure to make practice tests part of your routine. Practice tests are great because they don’t just tell you whether you’re learning the material and not, but also help you get more comfortable answering the kinds of questions you’ll have to deal with on your exam.
If you’re serious about passing your California state contractor’s license exam and want to give yourself the best possible chance, then check out our list of upcoming CSLS online, self-study, and in-class programs – our 99% first-time passing rate speaks for itself!
At CSLS, we are proud of a lot of the things that we can offer to our students who are ready to be licensed California state contractors. We truly feel that our instructors, the materials we offer, and the value in each of our programs are second to none.
When you decide to work with us, you get the very best in books and study materials, online and classroom teachers who have worked in the construction industry themselves, and even access to our computers, which can accurately simulate your California licensed contractors exam. That’s a combination you can’t beat anywhere else.
But, we also think that the real value of a CSLS licensed contractor course is in something else.
What could be more valuable than all of those elements? That’s easy: the sense of confidence you get when you register for classes with us.
At some point or another, most construction professionals dream about taking the next step in becoming a licensed California state contractor. After all, who wouldn’t enjoy a little more income and the freedom to find their own projects, make their own schedule, and be their own boss? One of the three best reasons to become a licensed California state contractor is …
1. It’s Easier Than You Think
Although you may still have bad memories of tests from your school days, the reality is that the California state contractor’s license exam isn’t as big an obstacle as you might think. More than 99% of our students pass on the first try, and you don’t need any special computer training or language skills to successfully complete it. The exam itself only takes a few hours to finish, so don’t let fear of it hold you back from your dreams.
Even with these goals in mind, however, many don’t get around to scheduling an exam. In some cases, they may think the test is too difficult, or that they don’t have the time or money to prepare for it. At CSLS, we have spent more than 20 years helping people just like you to move forward in their lives and careers. We’ve seen how simple it can be, once you get going, and so we want to clear up a few misconceptions.