Reading blueprints is a skill every contractor and construction professional needs to get ahead.
In order to be hired as a licensed contractor for major construction projects, it\’s important that you be able to read blueprints and use them without misunderstandings. And in order to properly estimate project costs, you have to be able to examine them closely and figure out what sorts of materials, labor and time will be needed to turn the blueprints into a finished product. To help you prepare for the types of situations you\’ll face in the real world as a licensed contractor, CSLS offers a series of ongoing blueprint reading courses, designed to turn you from a novice to a professional in no time.
There are a number of reasons why students may not have had previous experience reading and analyzing blueprints as part of a construction project, but this basic skill is necessary not only to become a California state licensed contractor, but also to bid and complete most jobs. As part of our course, you\’ll learn everything you need to know to read residential and light commercial blueprints, as well as receiving high-level instruction from experienced professionals and informative learning materials.
As with every CSLS course, our blueprint program is designed to help you become a licensed contractor, but also to succeed as a professional in today\’s competitive construction market.
Here are just a few of the things you\’ll learn:
- 32-hour seminar covering the fundamentals of blueprints, including common features on residential and light industrial construction projects
- Understanding drawings and specs, with an emphasis on the meanings behind different lines, symbols and abbreviations that are typically found on blueprints
- Measuring tools and sketching, so you can understand exactly what an architect or engineer is trying to convey to builders on a blueprint
- Pricing and estimates, and specifically how to use blueprints to figure out materials costs, labor time and other project details before you begin
- Special kinds of blueprints, including foundation blueprints, framing blueprints and system blueprints, which can all contain specific notations and meanings
Reading blueprints is a skill every contractor and construction professional needs to get ahead. Sign up for our blueprint reading seminar today.
Tuition Price: $595